Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
TEACHING FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2022 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 07-02-2022
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
The university grew out of the work of Sir Syed Ahmad Khan, the great Muslim reformer and statesman, who in the aftermath of the Indian War of Independence of 1857 felt that it was important for Muslims to gain education and become involved in the public life and government services in India. Raja Jai Kishan helped Sir Syed in establishing the university The college was originally affiliated with the University of Calcutta and subsequently got affiliated with the university of Allahabad in 1885. Near the turn of the century, the college began publishing its own magazine, The Aligarian, and established a Law School. It was also around this time that a movement began to have it develop into a university. To achieve this goal, expansions were made and more academic programs added to the curriculum of the college. A school for girls was established in 1907. By 1920 the college was transformed into the Aligarh Muslim University.
Online Applications are invited from Indian Nationals (including Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Cardholders under Section 7A of the Citizenship Act, 1955) for recruitment to the following Teaching Posts, including posts earmarked for Persons with Disabilities (PwD candidates)
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Associate Professor
- Assistant Professor
🎯 DEPARTMENT / DISCIPLINE / SPECIALIZATION
FACULTIES OF LAW/SCIENCE/WOMEN’S COLLEGE/UNANI MEDICINE:
- Professor of Law (Ambedkar Chair), Department of Law (01) [Tenure post for a period of 05 years or co-terminus with the Chair, whichever is earlier]
- Assistant Professors, Department of Physics (02)
- Assistant Professors, Department of Chemistry (02)
- Assistant Professor in Physical Chemistry, Department of Chemistry (01)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry (01)
- Assistant Professor in Chemistry, Department of Kulliyat (01)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics (01)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Geography (01)
- Assistant Professor of Geography, Women’s College (01)
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY:
- Associate Professor, Department of Architecture (01)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Architecture (01) (Reserved for ‘VH’ category)
- Assistant Professors, Interdisciplinary Centre for Artificial Intelligence (02)or ‘VH’ category)
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
For more details of posts, application form, essential and desirable qualifications, Job requirements and the terms and conditions please visit Institution website – Click Here
Professor of Law (Ambedkar Chair), Department of Law (01)
[Tenure post for a period of 05 years or co-terminus with the Chair, whichever is earlier]
ELIGIBILITY (A OR B): ‘A’ (i) An eminent scholar having a Ph.D. degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with, a minimum of 10 research publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of 120 as per the criteria given in Appendix II. (ii) A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university/college as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor, and/or research experience at equivalent level at the University/National Level Institutions with evidence of having successfully guided doctoral candidate. OR ‘B’ An outstanding professional, having a Ph.D. degree in the relevant/allied/applied disciplines, from any academic institutions (not included in A above)/industry, who has made significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, supported by documentary evidence provided he/she has ten years’ experience.
ELIGIBILITY (A OR B): A. (i) A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
(ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be, are exempted from NET/SLET/SET:
Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in the University subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
(a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
(b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
(c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
(d) The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
(e) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency. The fulfillment of above conditions is to be certified by the Registrar/Controller of Examinations of the University.
NOTE: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be a requirement for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET. OR B. The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
- Professor AL-14 (Pay Range: Rs. 1,44,200-2,18,200)
- Associate Professor AL-13 (Pay Range: Rs. 1,31,400-2,17,100)
- Assistant Professor AL-10 (Pay Range: Rs. 57,700-1,82,400)
💺 JOB LOCATION
Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Online Applications are invited from Indian Nationals (including Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Cardholders under Section 7A of the Citizenship Act, 1955) for recruitment to the following Teaching Posts, including posts earmarked for Persons with Disabilities (PwD candidates). Last date for receipt of online Application Forms is 05.03.2022 upto 11:59 P.M. and the last date for submission of the Hard Copy of Online filled Application Forms is 12.03.2022. The Hard Copy received after 12.03.2022 will not be entertained and will be rejected summarily. The University will not be responsible for the Postal delay
- Applicants facing any difficulty while filling the Application Form are requested to go through the User Manual available on Careers Portal https://careers.amuonline.ac.in for guidance. The applicant may also contact Help Desk on all working days during office hours on the following number: +91-571-2700920 (Extension: 1178).
- Applicants are advised to regularly visit the Careers Portal for updates, if any.
- It is suggested that applicants should complete the application proactively rather than wait until the last date.
After successful submission of the online Application Form, the applicant must:
▪ Take the Printout of the PDF file of the Application Form on A-4 Size paper.
▪ Append his/her signature and paste front facing recent photograph at the designated place on the Application Form.
▪ Attach self-attested copies of all relevant documents including Receipt of processing fee, wherever applicable, with the Application Form.
Send the Application Form by post, complete in all respect, super-scribing on the top-left side of the cover, the post applied for, advertisement number and its date, to the “Selection Committee Section (Teaching), Office of the Registrar, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh – 202002”.
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
★ Last date for receipt of online Application Forms is 05.03.2022 upto 11:59 P.M.
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📠 PHONE NUMBER
+91-571 2700220 Ext: 1121
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Aligarh Muslim University invites online applications from eligible candidates for the Teaching faculty positions (Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor )
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.